Monday, March 2, 2009

Madison Avenue & Sweet Country Home Wreaths!

A couple of years ago when I really spent a lot of time perfecting my crochet I enjoyed amigurumi and other types of small projects because of the versatility in movement and flow. With knitting you have to be more exact because everything shows. I remembered and still have a couple of little pins that were made years ago by a lady in our church congregation. I liked the wreath but it looked so plain and sort of ugly. I scoured the internet for any and every pattern I could find, there was really next to nothing in the way of crocheted wreath pins. So I started brainstorming because I really wanted to make one but I wanted it to be pretty and attractive. I tried a few times and frogged them, then as they say third times a charm. The third one was completely free handed, just flowed and grew in my hand with no trial or error. I fell in love with it, the end result was not only cute but three dimensional, plush and had a 'real-life' feel to it. I was also pleased with the generous size it turned out to be. I am already working on a troop of them for next year, hopefully they will be available in bulk around the '09 holiday season. Perfect for stocking stuffers or to give as teacher gifts.

So far we only have ornaments of pins, I am hopeing to come up with more variations soon. I'd love any feedback on these, Enjoy!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com